Saturday 30 January 2010

TGM Project Car Initiated!

For a while now I had been deliberating whether or not to go full on with modifying my car. I wanted my car to look awesome visually, but I didn't want my car to be all show and no go especially as I was now hooked on track days. There had to be substance behind the looks.

Over the Christmas period of 2009 I had thought long and hard about what I wanted the car to be; a full on track car? A road car? A show car?
The theme I decided upon was visually stunning, yet focused on performance with capable road manners. This meant performance mods would have to be carefully chosen to achieve that road/track/looks balance. I was realistic enough to know this was far from a race car. Those who think the ultimate from both Worlds is possible i.e. Top track performance and capable road manners are living in La La Land. It would be about compromise, and in what areas. Money of course was important!

I carefully thought about what mods I wanted and a list of parts was formed.

When I was at TGM to get my DRE shift light fitted, I discussed with Tom what I wanted to do and we agreed that my car would be a TGM project car. I won't divulge in this post what the mods are yet, but will write up each mod in future posts, explaining the benefits and my rationale for choosing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment