Sunday 17 January 2010

Track Day at Brands Hatch

I booked a track day at Brands Hatch for obvious enjoyment but also to see what the Teg could do on track. I was accompanied by my good friend and trusty wing man Tsuyoshi aka Squashi.

It was a cold Sunday morning and minor surface frost was thawing out quickly in the Winter sunshine - fantastic conditions.

Throughout each session I grew more confident and began finding a natural rhythm, finding my ideal lines; linking turns more smoothly but also finding later and later braking points. It also gave me a good chance to properly bed in my new Dixcel Discs and Pads. I can confirm that they provided outstanding stopping power with no brake fade at all ;)

By the 3rd session I now understood why many people say the DC5 puts many higher powered cars to shame on track. The car is so easy to handle and corners unbelieveably well. I must've overtaken around 8 cars including a Lotus Elise and a Subaru WRX STI. Granted they weren't the fastest of drivers but it shows how good the Teg is at carrying speed through corners. In a straight line drag the Subaru would normally leave me for dust. Corner exit speed FTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment