Saturday 9 January 2010

Brake Upgrade

Having had my FRSU done, the logical next step was to get my brakes uprated. Many DC5 owners get on very well with just brake pad upgrades, afterall the brake discs are Brembo. However I wanted to do some track work throughout the life of my Teg so I opted to upgrade the brake discs, pads and brake lines.

After a lot of research, I had decided on the following parts:
  • Dixcel slotted front and rear brake discs
  • Dixcel Z Type front and rear Carbon brake pads
  • Hel stainless steel brake lines
Dixcel used to be the sister company of AP Racing in Japan and at one point I believe were called AP Dixcel. Their brake products are used throughout One Make Racing and other Championships in Japan. Presumeably, they were so successful that they broke away from AP Racing.

Feedback from other owners including non-Tegs was excellent and the constant mention of 'great stopping power' and 'no fading' pretty much sold me on them.

Now just a note on the above. For a DC5 you don't really need to uprate the rear discs and pads as they don't do much of the braking. However firstly I wanted to balance out the braking to the optimum degree and secondly I wanted the rears to match (call me fickle).

Dixcel Slotted Brake Discs

Dixcel Z Type Carbon Brake Pads

Hel Stainless Steel Brakelines

Front Brake Disc being fitted

No comments:

Post a Comment