Saturday 12 March 2011

Snetterton 300

Another track day with HOT. This time at Snetterton 300. Conditions were excellent and the new track layout was very enjoyable (3 miles a lap). I definitely want to go back again as there's lots for me to work on! :)

Favourite corner of the day had to be Bomb Hole, followed by Coram and Riches - basically the fastest corners hehe.

Least favourite corner was The Esses (Brundle and Nelson) - I was scrubbing off too much speed on the approach to Brundle. However I was told the secret to taking the Esses was to trail brake all the way through Brundle (great instruction!). After this eureka moment the corner was a joy :D
Hairpins are also never a favourite and will always be something for me to work on - I've got a few things lined up to address this though :)

As always with HOT events, there were plenty of quick, track orientated cars and fast drivers with excellent track etiquette. Such a high standard of driving really encourages you to improve as a driver and notice the areas of your car that need addressing. If you're a Honda owner I would thoroughly recommend going with these guys no matter if you're a race driver or a complete beginner.

Snetterton 300 circuit layout (2.99 miles)

Thanks to the guys at HOT for taking some excellent pictures on the day.












No comments:

Post a Comment