Wednesday 23 March 2011

Brembo F50 Calipers and 2 Piece Race Disc Set Up

I might have mentioned that at some point I would upgrade from the Dixcels. Minimum upgrade would be a 2 piece floating disc/bell design but keeping the OEM brembo calipers. If I were to go this route I would most probably go with the DBA 5000 discs possibly mated with Hawk HP Plus pads.

Don't get me wrong, the Dixcel slotted rotors and Z Type pads are an excellent combo and I would recommend them to anyone. BUT, given the direction my car is going, one piece discs with OEM calipers don't really match up to the rest of my mods for example - Nitron NTR Race dampers, CE28's, one piece brake discs and oem calipers.....
You see what I mean? My car will be a show case of top notch components. And of course it will still be tracked!

So with the above in mind, I was having a chin wag with Tom today and it so happened he was thinking the same thing and so mentioned he had the perfect brake kit in mind. It obviously wouldn't be as aggressive as the TGM race car. For example if you just take the calipers, they run full on Brembo race calipers which have no dust seals etc etc. Additionally If I remember correctly they also run Hawk DTC-70 pads.

So what did he suggest?
  • Brembo F50 Calipers
  • 332x32 fully floating 2 piece race disc set up (FYI, DC5R OEM discs are 300mm)
  • Our choice of pad compound to suit (most probably one of the Hawk Ferro-Carbon pad range)
I would probaby have to run spacers at the front but then we are doing that anyway due the wider J's front fenders.
It would take 3 weeks for Brembo to make up the kit (anodizing etc usually takes the majority of this time) and the calipers are only available in black (which I really like!). Anyway, these are exactly what the calipers will look like.



I think very late braking will be quite common for me on track! o_0


2 comments:

  1. How much did the bracket cost and does it have a part #?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much did the bracket cost and does it have a part #?

    ReplyDelete