Saturday 19 March 2011

It's finally happening!

The day hath finally cometh, my car has been dropped off at TGM for it's transformation. Slowly but surely, it's taken over a year for all the vital parts of my build to be made and shipped to the UK. I realise that I haven't divulged information on all my mods but it will happen :)

I spent a fair bit of time there, mainly because I wanted to seal my wheels before they were put on the car. 1 coat of Werkstat Prime Strong and 3 coats of poorboys wheel sealant (only 2 on the rim face) per wheel. Add the curing time between layers and you see why I was there for a while.

Sealed, with centre cap mocked into position to see what the comb looked like

My Nitrons had been built and delivered to TGM so Tom brought them out for me to take a peek. They were the same as the ones they had ordered for their second race car, albeit the spring rates and valving would of course be different. I know I've said this before but I'm very impressed with the build quality of these coilovers. You really do get what you pay for.

We discussed geo settings where I wanted Umemoto san's 'road' recommendation (haha), -2.5 front and -1.5 rear camber. I had no other value specified settings but I did tell Tom I wanted a faster turn in. Given his vast experience with setups I left it with him (like I did with the Nitron specs) to decide what toe and caster angles to run.

I absolutely can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment