Sunday 5 December 2010

Dyno Day @ SRR

So Dave C from Reelmotion organised a K20 dyno day at Surrey Rolling Road (SRR). Great day out as expected and I was a very happy chappy by the end of it.

Dave had told me DC5's in stock form usually produced between 205 to the low 210's on the SRR dyno. Anything above 210 was consider a very healthy engine.

On my final run, my car made 216.6 bhp on 97 ron fuel (I was desperate for fuel on the way to Mallory the week before). The DC5 is tuned to 100 ron, so most owners (including me) run with Shell VPower (99 ron). I was a very happy man. Even Charlie from SRR commented how it was a very good figure for a stock DC5; a healthy engine indeed!

Note: Official Honda figures quote DC5 power output as 217 bhp

My run:



  And dyno graph



Some pictures of the Tegs on the day.


And last but not least I had to post this up as it's one of my all time favourite exhausts - J's Racing 70RR FX. Crazy loud that you could feel the vibrations in your ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment