Monday 27 December 2010

Detailing Products and New Camera

So in preparation for the warmer weather in a couple of months I decided to get a Kestrel DAS-6 Dual Action (DA) Machine Polisher + a whole load of detailing products to go with it. I think I may have gone a little overboard to the point where I even bought a tool bag trolley contrapsion to house all the products...
Why a DA instead of a rotary? Well quite simply I've never used a machine polisher before so I wanted to start off slow and minimalise the risk of burnishing the finish and removing too much paint.

Kestrel DAS-6 Dual Action

When I get round to a proper detailing session i.e. Spending days instead of hours, I'll try and capture each step and give my honest opinion about the products used.

I also bought myself the Sony NEX-5 to capture better shots of the forthcoming show and race season. Yes, I know it won't compare to a DSLR, but then when I was able to get the Sony with the 18-55mm lense for £288.75 brand new, it's a no brainer really. Look on ebay and you'll see why ;)

Sony NEX-5 with 18-55mm lense


Anyway, I took some quick interior pics with the NEX as I'm looking into some interior mods at the moment and needed better visualisation references. Thought I'd share a pic of the DRE lighting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment