Saturday 6 August 2011

O2 Sensor. Goodbye Buddyclub Strut brace. Hello Mugen strut brace

I had felt the car was slightly sluggish ever since a bit before Japfest 2 but just assumed I had got used to the power. Additionally my idle was lumpy :(

It had turned out my primary O2 sensor was failing so the car in effect was running in limp mode!

This morning I was down at TGM to get my O2 sensor swapped out for one Tom had ordered.

After the 1 minute job of swapping in the new sensor I went for a test drive....

WOW. That familiar feeling of how my car used to run was immediately apparent. Pick up and throttle response was noticeably better and at idle the car was no longer lumpy - result! 

Whilst I was there I had arranged to meet a friend who I had sold my unfittable (for my engine bay anyway :( ) Buddyclub P1 Racing strut too. He fitted it there and then as I wanted to see it fitted :)

Dave test fitting the brace with his existing Spoon ETD bracket he had just cut down to fit along side
Before
After
Additionally, I had for once remembered to pick up the Mugen rear strut brace I had bought from Monz a while back. When I got back home I got cracking with the fitting

Some cutting of the interior trim behind the seat is required. Luckily this was done by the previous owner so saved me some time!
One side bolted in
Job done - view from the rear passenger seats
View from the boot

No comments:

Post a Comment